The Shark Patch:
The Shark iron on patch is based on a flat style drawing of a great white shark. The shark patch is sized approximately 5.3cm high x 5cm wide, is fully embroidered, features an easy to use iron-on backing and is designed, manufactured and shipped by Hatty Hats Embroidery in the United Kingdom.
The colours used:
There are a total of 3 colours used to make the Shark iron on patch, these colours consist of; grey, black & blue. The colour most used in this patch is the grey for the body of the shark, the black is then used for the outlines and detailing while the blue is used for eye on the shark patch.
The stitch count:
(Total number of times the embroidery needle moves up & down.)
The Shark iron on patch has a total of 3864 stitches, uses 50 foot of thread and takes our embroidery machines roughly around 7 minutes to produce. Check out the video below to see this patch being made, see if you can count the stitches ;-).
The cool facts:
- Like dogs, baby sharks are called pups! 🦈👶
- Sharks can smell a single drop of blood in 1 million drops of water - WHAT!!! 😮
- No rest; sharks must keep swimming, if they stop they, they drown.
The making video:
To keep this design tidy all the colours are blocked together and laid from the lowest to the highest.
- Our embroidery machine starts with the grey thread and lays the main body of the shark design.
- The machine then switches to the blue thread and lays the eye.
- Finally the black thread is selected and all the outlines and details of the shark iron on patch are laid.