The Pineapple Patch:
The Pineapple iron on patch is based on a flat cartoon style drawing of a Pineapple and sized approximately 6.5cm high x 4cm wide. The Pineapple patch is fully embroidered and features an easy to use iron-on backing. This patch is designed, manufactured and shipped by Hatty Hats Embroidery in the United Kingdom.
The colours used:
There are 3 colours used to make the Pineapple iron on patch, these colours consist of; yellow, green and black. The main colours used in this patch is the yellow and green for the body of the Pineapple. The black is then used for the cross detailing and outlines of the fruit.
The stitch count:
(Total number of times the embroidery needle moves up & down.)
The Pineapple iron on patch has a total of 6710 stitches, uses 82 foot of thread takes our embroidery machines roughly around 12 minutes to produce. Check out the video below to see this patch being made, see if you can count the stitches ;-).
The cool facts:
- A Pineapple is not one whole fruit, its in fact a cluster of hundreds of little fruitlets.
- Pineapples take the best part of 3 years to reach maturity.
- If you keep a Pineapple upside down it will ripen faster.
The making video:
To keep this design tidy all the colours are blocked together and laid from the lowest to the highest.
- Our embroidery machine starts off with the yellow thread and lays the main body of the patch.
- The machine then selects the green colour and lays the leaves of the Pineapple.
Finally the machine switches to the black colour and lays the cross detail and outlines of the Pineapple Patch.