The Avocado Patch:
The Avocado iron on patch is based on a flat style drawing of an Avocado that has been cut into two halves, the patch is sized approximately 6.5cm high x 3.5cm wide. The Avocado patch is fully embroidered and features an easy to use iron-on backing. This patch is designed, manufactured and shipped by Hatty Hats Embroidery in the United Kingdom.
The colours used:
There is a total of 4 colours used to make the Avocado iron on patch, these colours consist of; brown, light green, pale green and dark green. The main colours used in this patch are the brown and the light green for the body of the Avocado. The pale green and dark green is then used for the outlines and borders.
The stitch count:
(Total number of times the embroidery needle moves up & down.)
The Avocado iron on patch has a total of 5174 stitches, uses 70 foot of thread and takes our embroidery machines roughly around 10 minutes to produce. Check out the video below to see this patch being made, see if you can count the stitches ;-).
The cool facts:
- Avocados are NOT a vegetable they are intact a fruit, more specifically they're a berry.
- Avocado trees do not self-pollinate, they actually mate with each other…seriously Google it!
- Avocados contain 4 grams of protein, this makes them the fruit with the highest protein content.
The making video:
To keep this design tidy all the colours are blocked together and laid from the lowest to the highest.
- Our embroidery machine starts off with the brown thread and lays the centre stone of the Avocado.
- The light green is then selected and the main body of the Avocado gets laid.
- Next the pale green is selected and the first border is laid.
- Finally our machine selects the dark green thread and lays the outer border of the Avocado patch.